Monday, March 22, 2010

Days 26-35

Wow, 35 days today.   I'm back home from my long vacation with not much to show for it.  I didn't have as much opportunity as I thought I would with 2 kiddos.  I hope you  got to see the new measurements from the last post.

Days 26 and 27 (weekend) were recovery days from lack of sleep and traveling.  Monday (Day 28) I went for a run!!!  Yes, a run.  It felt so nice to run after such a long break from running!  My shins hurt from the first step...they always hurt, along with my knees and ankles, when I run on hard surfaces.  But it got easier until the extra weight made my ankles super achy.  I planned on doing 15 minutes, or as far as I possibly could until I had to walk.  I surprised myself.  When I got that "walking" feeling, I just kept telling myself to run just a little further every time, and it worked.  I never had to walk!  I ended up doing just under 17 minutes because I lost track of time.  I was proud.  I did my burpees for the last couple of days and 150 crunches.  (I didn't have access to any weights this week but made the most of it).

Tuesday and Wednesday were a flop, but Thursday I made up for the burpees, another 150 crunches, and 30, yes 30 minutes of running!  Actually 31 to be exact.  Not planned, though.  I got lost and decided to keep running until I recognized where I was - which wasn't until 28 minutes.  At that point, I figured to go the rest of the way!

Friday I decided to do 20 minutes and 150 crunches, but I didn't get to the burpees for lack of time (travel day).  Endurance-wise my lungs are great (I could go forever), but my legs get so tired with the extra weight, so I struggle to stay running, though I never stopped once on any of my runs.  But then again, I was going so slow that a baby could have probably passed me.  For the sake of my joints, I tried to stay on softer surfaces but there were no trails - just pavement and some grass (at times).

Saturday and Sunday were recovery days from traveling, lack of sleep, and unpacking.  No burpees either.  I totally dropped the ball on those since Thursday.  So I think I've given up on them.  Today I didn't do burpees, but I did pushups (22) for the day.  And 100 crunches and my 30 minute video.  It was hard to get back on track this morning.  Almost gave up several times before I even started.  I wish I could just do the running, but the weather here is not great yet.

I didn't get to weigh myself because I didn't have access to to scale, but the scale read 176.2 this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Your measurements show awesome results already! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I don't know you but I've been reading your blog and was enjoying it. You haven't post for nearly 1 month. What's up? I hope you're keeping on the good work!! I'm pregnant myself (5 weeks to go) and I put on A LOT of weight and I found your blog quite inspiring. Hope you haven't give up because you were doing great. Hope to read you soon.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete