Monday, March 8, 2010

What's my excuse? (Days 19 - 21 and Week 3 Review)

What's my excuse for not working out ONE more day Saturday or Sunday?  I have none.  I even reasoned it out in my head that I could just do the burpees for those two days (a mere minute),  Nope.  Nada.  Zilch. Nothing.  I procrastinated both days until the bitter end of day and it was too late.  Sorry to disappoint everyone, including myself.  And to add to the frustration, I went shopping for some clothes (jeans, dresses, skirts) to end my frustration of not fitting into my clothes or maternity clothes (and wearing ONE pair of jeans all week long every week).  Yea, I came out with a dress and a skirt that don't even fit that well.  The jeans situation was humiliating as I tried on every pair the saleslady gave me and they wouldn't go past my thighs.  I left empty-handed.  Will I ever get back down to size?  I've never had to deal with this my whole life, so I am crushed.  Moreover, I read on some websites that while nursing, you're not supposed to lose more than 1 pound per week.  Read this  http://www.llli.org/FAQ/lowcarb.html.  Frustrating.  So, I can't lose my 40-something pounds in 20 weeks!?!?!  So much for beach-ready in June/July.  But, I sadly continue my LONG 40-something or more week road.

Today I did manage to workout like planned.  I did all the burpees from Sat and Sun, and for today (21 in all).  No extra crunches, but I did up my weights to 7 pounds.  Things were getting too easy.

Just to show you how much my weight normally fluctuates in a day...Saturday night, went to bed at 179 pounds, woke up Sunday to 176 and went to bed that night to 183!  Weigh-in is in 2 days, and measuring next Monday.


Days Exercised: A pathetic 3 (Jillian Michaels DVD set, plus 3 days of 100 crunches each using med and/or Swiss ball)
Summary: I'm starting to sound like a broken record. Kegels, more abs, fiber, less sweets, more water, more workout.
Weeks Accomplished: 3 
Weeks Left: 17

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your shopping experience! That is absolutely terrible to have to go through- I am very oddly shaped even when I'm not pregnant, so I feel for you :-( Don't be TOO hard on yourself.. you did just bring another person into the world! Press on, by all means, but don't forget that some days we win, some days we lose, and some days we just admit that we tried and will try harder tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I, too, am oddly shaped noramlly. Thicker thighs, large rear end that sticks out and a very small waist (too small). Well, I used to anyway. It was always hard to find pants in general and avoided it when I could. If one pair fit I bought it no matter the price, because it didn't happen often. Shirts, skirts, and dresses were never an issue, so I stuck to wearing those. Now I can't even wear those without something looking off. And good luck with the pants. Obviously not gonna happen. I'm glad summer's coming and I can just "hide out" in my dresses and skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been there on the shopping experience. Still there actually. I wouldn't beat yourself up too badly. It IS frustrating and hard. But it took you 40 weeks to add the weight...don't expect to lose it all in 3!! :) I, too, am getting frustrated with the dieting/exercising. I want to see weight loss more quickly. But it comes in time. I found that I workout so hard, diet, etc....and feel like I don't see any results...then BAM! all of a sudden there's a big change. Don't give up. Don't get too frustrated. Even if you lose a pound a week - that's 20lbs during your timeframe - and that's half-way there! Every day that you workout - you are getting closer to your goal.

    And, girl, I could write the book on fluctuating weight. That's why I have to give myself a weekly weigh-in to see how I'm doing "over all" - otherwise I'm all over the place.

    Hope things are getting better....you really are doing a great job. Hang in there and know we're cheering for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today things are better. Though mere baby steps, at least the weight is going in the right direction! :) I REALLY appreciate the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete