Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Challenge

I am struggling with my post-baby weight.  I just had baby #2 several weeks ago and can now workout.  I love to workout, but struggle to find the time and energy to do so.  Not to mention the repetition that comes with indoor (in your home) workouts when you have no money for a gym membership and can't get outdoors in the wintertime.  So what do I do?  I bought a few DVDs to help me on my quest.  I should also tell you that I don't diet.  Never have and just am not a good candidate for it.  I LOVE to eat.  In fact, I would exercise to keep up with my eating habits pre-baby.  So, this journal will solely be about exercising to get the weight off...let's see if it works.

The DVDs:  The 5-disc series from Jillian Michaels called Biggest Winner, P90X series

The Challenge:  Do the 5 disc series until I get into reasonable shape to start the 90-day P90X series and be in pre-baby shape and weight (weight at 130 lbs and clothing size 6) by June, with the constraints of two young kids and not much time.

The Background:  Before baby #1 I was between 127-133 pounds, very defined upper body...couldn't pinch a centimeter of fat.  Lower body was solid but I've always had big thighs.  During that pregnancy I gained 55 pounds!!!  After baby #1, I managed to barely get back to 138 lbs (not very shapely) right before I got pregnant with #2.  With not much working out during this pregnancy (and none towards the end), I gained 71 pounds!!  Yes, I weighed in at a whopping 209!  I could hardly believe it.  And I had vowed not to gain as much weight the second time around!  After these few weeks of nursing (and I am still nursing), I have leveled off at just about 31 pounds of weight loss.  I can't wear any of my clothes before this baby, and can't fit into even a size 12 pant.  Very frustrating when I used to wear size 4 (and size 8 before this baby).  Perhaps documenting it will be motivation enough to not drop the ball (and you can keep me accountable).  Wish me luck!!!

Starting Measurements:

  • Weight: 177.7 lbs
  • Chest: 39 in
  • Waist: 35 in
  • Hips: 47 in
  • Thighs: 28 in (right), 27 (left)
  • Arms: 12 in
(Looks like I have written measurements of a rather large Fruit of the Loom pear!?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment